We have quite some features planned for ESP RainMaker. We are also open to new feature requests, which you can suggest on GitHub.
Before going into the roadmap, here's a list of things added recently that you may have missed out.
- ESP32 access is now enabled for all. Check out the Claiming documentation for more information.
- Source codes for the Android and iOS Phone apps are now available.
- OTA service has been launched, which also provides temporary firmware image hosting facility.
- Third Party integrations are now available. Alexa support is already released and Google Voice Assistant(GVA) will be available soon. Check this out for usage instructions.
- An option to choose BLE provisioning (instead of the default SoftAP) is now added for ESP32. Check "ESP RainMaker App Wi-Fi Provisioning" section in menuconfig. The new 2.0 versions of the phone apps also support this (only QR code mode, not manual).
- VS Code extension for ESP RainMaker is now available.
What is coming next?
- For more efficient control and monitoring when nodes and clients (phones) are in the same Wi-Fi network. Would also be helpful when there is no Internet connection.
- Create abstract groups of nodes, or logical groups like all lights, all switches etc.
- Represent nodes in terms of homes and rooms.
- Control a group of nodes together
- Add triggers for some specific times.
- Add periodic schedules for devices (like turn on lights at 6pm and turn off at 11pm).
- Monitor health and query status.
- Provide in-field diagnostics.
- Useful for events and triggers.
- Enable linking other services like IFTTT.
Time series data
- Data with a history maintained. Something like temperature readings taken every hour.
- Useful for analytics and finding patterns.